Native Son: Road Trip in Ohio
I love Texas, but if I can go anywhere cooler in the sweltering summer, I’m outta here. North America’s largest horticulture event, Cultivate 17 …Columbus, Ohio …July…now boarding!
I figured I’d tell you all about the whole trip, but Neil frowned upon my proposed 50,000 word, 388 photo article. 🙁 So…I guess I’ll just mention…
The Top Ten Favorite Things I Saw in Ohio
1. LOTS of cool plants around Columbus.
2. Kingwood Center—A grand estate, replete with dozens of sweet pocket gardens gently strung upon long axes, this is easily one of my favorite public gardens.
3. Beautiful countryside and an old telephone.
4. Lots of cool new plants!
5. MORE groovalicious new plants!
6. Horticulture at THE Ohio State University.
7. The always awesome Franklin Park Conservatory…including a glass ceiling.
8. Horticultural friends…like
9. MORE cool new plants!
10. You never know who you’re going to meet at Cultivate!
The trip was fantastic, I learned a lot…and I even got to eat at the legendary Rubino’s Pizza! Until next month…Peace & Love!
I need a road trip! I’d love to come out and speak to your group. I’m low maintenance, flexible, and I’ll go just about anywhere…no city too big; no town too small. Just e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll work something out.
Come see me at Chandor Gardens! Call 817-613-1700 or go to www.chandorgardens.com for details.