Question: What is the little flat milkweed-like plant that’s in my lawn and flower beds? How can I deal with it?

Answer: That’s spurge, and it should be no trouble for your turfgrass. You can apply a broadleafed weedkiller in the lawn, but you also need to take better care of your turf. Spurge doesn’t show up unless there is some major problem. In shrub bed areas you can spot-treat with one of the glyphosate sprays. Mulching also discourages spurge, and it makes cultivating with a sharpened hoe an easy task.

Back To Top